Andy got a smoker this past year and has been experimenting with smoking meat with the help of his friend Tommy. This is the second time we have made pulled pork and it turned out even more delicious. Andy has definitely upgraded his craft.
Now, we are at the point where we have bartered with pulled pork and sometimes gotten requests from friends and family on when the next time we are making pulled pork. We can’t blame them look how delicious this looks.
Here’s the ingredients we use and we are sharing some of our my favorite products that made this pulled pork perfect. If you want the products too, order with my affiliate links in this post:
- pork shoulder or pork butt (preferably bone in)
- dry rub (we recommend the McCormick Grill Mates Pork Dry Rub)
- seasoning (McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple Seasoning)
- mustard (any brand, it has not flavor just helps with stickness)
- marinade (highly recommend Tony Chacheres Creole Style Butter Marinade)
- chopped onions
- aluminum foil
What’s needed for the Smoker (we have the Weber 22 Inch smoker)
- hickory chips
- Mixed the the dry rub and maple seasoning about 50/50 in a bowl.
- Rub meat with mustar. It helps bind the rub to the meat.
- Pat the rub onto the pork meat.
- Inject meat with the Tony marinade.
- If you have time, wrap the meat in plastic. Place in the fridge for 24 hours and let it marinade in all that succulent goodness.
- Pull the meat of the fridge and remove the plastic and prepare the grill.
- Get the smoker started. Get to 225 – 275 degree range.
- Put meat on smoker. And get the meat to internal temperature 160 degrees.
- Prepare 3 sheets of aluminum foil and place on table.
- Pull the meat off. Put the meat on the aluminum foil.
- Add chopped onion and more rub mix to the meat to lock in the great flavors.
- Place meat back on smoker.
- Wait until internal temperature reaches 205 degrees.
- Remove meat from smoker.
- Remove aluminum foil and enjoy your pulled pork just fall apart.
Have any questions? Leave them below in the comment section. Also, don’t forget to Pin this for later.
Wife of one and mother of two (twins). Raising a family in the midwest. Lover of Netflix, crime shows and summer. Founder of The Expecting Mamas Network.