The secret is out thanks to Chipotle! We are huge fans of Chipotle and think they should have drive-thru and one on every corner (suggestions if anyone in corporate is listening), but this day makes us very happy. If you have ever gone to Chipotle, you must have ordered guacamole with your order. Who could blame you, because it extra yummy! I order extra myself if I have a quesadilla as a spread and dip. Now, if you haven’t heard I am glad to be the bearer of GREAT news! No more seeking and trying copycat recipes to get that Chipotle-like guacamole because Chipotle themselves has revealed their secret recipe and just in time for Cinco De Mayo.
Chipotle’s Secret Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, Chipotle’s uses 48 per batch, multiple times per day – that’s alot of avocados)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to make it:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit.
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
I think there might be an avocado shortage happening soon thanks to Chipotle. Thanks Chipotle for finally sharing you guacamole recipe and we are serious about the drive-thru option and one on every corner.
We think you will like reading these post
Wife of one and mother of two (twins). Raising a family in the midwest. Lover of Netflix, crime shows and summer. Founder of The Expecting Mamas Network.