This fall one of the things our Family Fall Bucket List is to go apple picking. We had the pleasure of checking out Tuttle Orchards a few weeks ago. Now, I have been there before with the kids last year. In fact, it was the first time that I went apple picking. I took the twins with me and they loved it. I chose Tuttles Orchards as at the time because it was close to me (like 10-15 minutes) and who wants to travel far to a place they may or may not like to do things that your kids may or may not what to do. Kids are fickle like that.
So this year, I was invited to see what Tuttles Orchards had to offer and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I learned some cool facts about apples and the orchard. I went home and told my husband & and his friend/co-worker all the things I learned and they joked that they I should start a fun facts I learned today about Indianapolis. So, I am sharing here what I learned.
5 Fun Facts About Tuttle Orchards & Apples
- They are opened year around (so they are not only about apples)
- The starter of Tuttle Orchards, Roy Tuttles had a wife named Tillie
- Roy Tuttles interest in starting an orchard came from his profession as a nursery salesman
- Tuttles has been recognized as the best cider in the nation as well the best cider in Indiana
- Apples picked from an orchard must be kept in a cold fridge (preferably with a damp cloth)
I learn more stuff but you can learn those when you check out Tuttles Orchards. They have a great play area they have upgraded from when I went last year.
They have a new picnic area. You can do a tour (Thursday only but check with their schedule for changes). To learn more cool facts and check out behind the scenes of Tuttles.
They also have some other activities such as corn maze, hayrides and more. It was a great day at Tuttle Orchards and we will definitely be back soon to for apple picking, pumpkin donuts and fruit slushies.
Other things going on this Fall at Tuttle Orchards –
- August 19 – Pre-Season Upick Apple Day
- August 25 – First Day for Pick Your Own Apples
- September 2 – Labor Day BBQ Picnic Buffet Lunch
- September 9 – Apple Caramel Festival
Don’t forget to check out their pumpkin patch in October.
We think you will like reading these post
Wife of one and mother of two (twins). Raising a family in the midwest. Lover of Netflix, crime shows and summer. Founder of The Expecting Mamas Network.