Indianapolis in October is a great time of year. October is one of my favorite months thanks to the kids. When they were younger, I told them October was coming when the leaves were beginning to turn different colors and fall off the trees. They were always excited when Fall was coming. It was pure excitement in their eyes. And of course Halloween is official here and I (not the hubby) loves scary movies and costume parties are fun.
Below are list of activities for families and kids to do in Indianapolis in October (also surrounding areas just in case for Fall Break as well.)
Fall season is here which means visiting the local Pumpkin Patches in Indianapolis. You can pick your own pumpkins (and apples too depending on how early in October you go), apple cider, hayrides, and more activities for the family to enjoy. Here are some pumpkin patches to check out this month.
Indianapolis (and surrounding) Halloween activities for Family
- Historic Irvington Halloween Festival – October 22-29, 2016
- Broad Ripple Zombie Walk – October 22, 2016
- Zoo Boo – October 7-9, 14-16, 21-23 & 28-30, 2016
- Headless Horseman Hay Ride – Oct. 13-16, 20-23, 27-30
- The Children’s Museum Guild’s Haunted House – Oct. 8–30, 2016
Oktoberfest in Indianapolis
- The Holy Name Oktoberfest – Sept 30 – Oct 1, 2016
- GermanFest – Indianapolis, IN – October 8, 2016
- Traders Point Creamery Oktoberfest – October 8, 2016