Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/pride351/public_html/www.becoming-family.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/init.php on line 215
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/pride351/public_html/www.becoming-family.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/recommendations.php on line 264
Summer time is a fun time. It is my favorite time of the year. I am sure it also my kids’ favorite time of the year as they are out of school and have all the free time (so they think) to do whatever. One of the challenges is finding things that are not always repetitive. Here’s some options –
50 Simple & Fun Activities for Kids This Summer
- Take visit to the local library. The library usually has a section for kids to read and play. Indianapolis families here are where to find those Indianapolis libraries. We even had a chance to visit get a book signed by Jeff Kinney.
- Play at a local park.
- Visit and hike at a local state park. Our family loved the Fort Ben Harrison Park in the Indianapolis area.
- Check out summer festivals.
- Take a trip to tour your state capitol or local courthouse.
- Go camping. Marengo Cave was amazing on the Southside of Indiana.
- Visit the zoo.
- Go to a local u-pick place for strawberries, blueberries, etc.
- Go to an outdoor concert (most towns/cities have a website where you can see what/when and which ones are free.)
- Go to the beach.
- Visit a splash pad or park.
- Take a hike.
- Check your movie theatre for free summer movies.
- Go to a baseball game
- Go bowling.
- Go to a farmers market. Here’s a list of Indianapolis Farmer’s market.
- Check out local VBS.
- Create a LEGO building contest.
- Make homemade ice cream. Love this simple Homemade Snickers Ice cream.
- Bake homemade cookies.
- Blow bubbles.
- Go fly a kite.
- Make slime.
- Make tye die shirts.
- Build a lemonade stand.
- Play cards.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Camp in your back yard.
- Have a movie theme day.
- Have a cook out party.
- Grow a garden.
- Plant a butterfly garden.
- Take a road trip to a nearby city.
- Go to the drive-in.
- Join a summer reading club.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Visit a museum you’ve never been to.
- Visit an amusement park.
- Have a game night.
- Host a play date.
- Have a outdoor game day.
- Visit a petting zoo.
- Go fishing.
- Take a family cooking class.
- Plan a backyard movie night.
- Have a pool day.
- Take a neighborhood walk.
- Visit your local aquarium.
Hope this gave you some ideas to do this summer.
We think you will like reading these post
Wife of one and mother of two (twins). Raising a family in the midwest. Lover of Netflix, crime shows and summer. Founder of The Expecting Mamas Network.