Cheap Summer Date Night Ideas for Couples
Summer is the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy the fun festivities that take place only in the summer. Yes, it might be a little hot, but fight through it and create memories that last a lifetime with your partner. I have some wonderful frugal summer date night ideas for married couples. Going on dates helps you stay connected, and it is a must for any relationship, whether it is in the new budding stage, or you have been married for 20 years.
Here is a nice size list of things you might want to do one night this summer. Depending on where you live and what your town has to offer might vary. Just get creative and enjoy spending time together, and let the fun begin! Date night doesn’t have to be expensive, just get creative. Here’s 25 ways to do just that!
Summer Date Night Ideas for Couples on a Budget
- Head out to your park or even drive in the country, and find a spot to park. Sit outside and star gaze and enjoy the pretty night sky.
- Go to the beach or the lake and just soak up the sun all night long, and then wait to watch the sun go down.
- Check out your local’s Farmer’s Market and look for some fresh produce to make a meal at home. Get creative and find a budget-friendly dish.
- Hike a natural trail. Here’s a list of hiking trails in Indianapolis and surrounding areas.
- Picnic in the park during a lunch break or even in an evening.
- Grab some fishing lures, poles, and get a one-day fishing pass to catch some fish.
- Look for discounted tickets to amusement parks in your area on Groupons.com and head out for some fun checking out the vendors.
- Camp out even if it is in your backyard for a night. Nothing more fun than being with nature.
- Head to wineries and do a sample of wines. A lot of places allow you to sample wine for free. It is fun and you could bounce from winery to winery.
- Google to see if you have any outdoor festivals coming up in your area you could attend.
- Stop into a local coffee shop for an iced coffee and just enjoy the air conditioner and chat and catch up.
- Play on the park swings, slides, and more just like when you were kids.
- Go play tennis, soccer, or even throw a ball back and forth outdoors. Great way to be outside and be active together.
- Have an ice cream date at your favorite shop.
- Pick up items to make s’mores and whip them up on an open fire or even wrap in aluminum foil and warm them up in the oven. Then sit outside to devour them.
- Go to a state park or museum and spend the day.
- Have each partner create a scavenger hunt for the other person, and have a prize at the end of it.
- Geocaching is a great way to spend an evening. Download the app on your smartphone and head off to find the designated area!
- Buy some water balloons and have a water balloon fight in the backyard.
- Pick berries together and then what you bring home to make a tasty dessert together.
- Skip rocks on the lake or pond, and just talk about childhood memories.
- Stay inside and look at photo albums of moments you captured in the past.
- Find an outdoor concert to attend.
- Go to flea markets and antique shops and spend the day looking at all the fun stuff. You don’t even have to buy stuff.
- Hop on your bike and ride around your neighborhood and just enjoy the sights.
How do you spend your date night when you have a limited budget?