Looking for date night ideas to spend quality time with your spouse? If you answer yes, check out my 50 date night ideas for married couples! If you have been married for awhile you might be on the hunt for new and different ways to spend your evening or even day together. Let me share some easy and fun date night ideas that you and your spouse might love.
I wanted to focus on married couples because sometimes we get in a slump. Date night with your spouse is very important. It allows for that one-on-one time where you can communicate openly without interruptions. You can also connect, and grow together as a couple. Making time to date your spouse each month is important. Try to go on at least one date a month if not twice a month.
These date night ideas have a little of everything from basic stuff, some outdoor ideas, cheap and free, practical and some out of the box ideas.
The Best Date Night Ideas For Married Couples
- Go to your antique stores in your area and walk around and see what treasures you might find. You don’t even have to buy anything, just plan for ways to decorate your own home when finances are better.
- Go hiking together! Pack a lunch and snacks and get outdoors and enjoy nature.
- Dessert only trip to your favorite restaurant. Indulge in a sweet treat and talk about life, plans for the future, and so on.
- Find a drive-in movie to attend and go snuggle in the car and watch whatever movie they are playing for the night.
- Stay in and have a free date night, and find questions to ask online to see how well you know your spouse. Make your own newlywed game.
- Rent bikes and go riding around your town and see what new things you can come across.
- Make up your own game of charades at home, or even grab some drinks and sit in the back yard enjoying the nice weather.
- Couples massage! If you can’t afford to go and get one, treat each other to massages at home.
- Try a brand new restaurant you have both never tried.
- Walk around and try bakery goods, macaroons, cookies, and sweet treats.
- Feed the ducks at a pond.
- Go fishing at your local pond, creek, or city area.
- Love sports, find a local sports team playing and go watch and root for your team.
- Create an indoor picnic on a cold or rainy day, and pretend you are outside.
- See if you can find any poetry readings happening at a coffee shop or even bands playing.
- Go to a karaoke bar.
- Pitch a tent in your backyard or a local area and spend the evening talking and enjoying the sounds of nature.
- Learn a new sport or activity. Maybe take up tennis, play horseshoes, or learn how to paint or make pottery.
- Go to a local museum and learn about the history of your town.
- See if any art museums are open to go walk through and explore.
- Go tour Indy Catacombs under City Market.
- Find somewhere to play frisbee golf or even mini golf for the day.
- Create a restaurant-quality dinner at home. Work together to create a meal.
- Buy kites and go fly them in the park like you did when you were kids.
- Be daring and go bungee jumping, rock climbing, etc.
- Let your spouse plan a mystery trip for you to find new places to visit or things to do.
- Have a staycation and pretend you are a tourist in your own town.
- Be a kid again and visit an aquarium or zoo for the day.
- Go wine or beer tasting for an evening.
- Have a beach day.
- Look on Yelp for Fun activities in your area.
- Attend a musical playing in your area.
- Visit fairgrounds and spend the day riding rides.
- Trap shoot for the day.
- Go bowling and see who wins.
- Stay in and have a movie marathon snuggled on the couch.
- Take a hot air balloon ride and see the town in a new view.
- Stroll around the canal or take a gondola ride if you are in Indianapolis, or if your town offers this.
- Go geocaching.
- Go try samples at your local farmer’s market. Visit more than one.
Bonus -Indianapolis Date Ideas
If you are in the Indianapolis area here are 10 date night ideas for you to try.
- Visit the Trader’s Point Creamery. If you don’t live here, see if your town or surrounding has a creamery!
- Head over to Bad Axe Throwing and learn how to throw an ax!
- Tour downtown Indianapolis on the HandleBar.
- Have some laughs at Crackers Comedy Club (they have ladies free night).
- Go to the Strawtown Koteewi Park and enjoy zip lining, archery or hiking trails.
- Take a walk down to the canal and enjoy a ride on a gondola.
- Pick fresh flowers and have a picnic at P&D Flower Farm.
- Check Urban Vines that is both a winery and brewery live music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Have a game night at PunchBowl Social.
- Sports night date night and with so many teams – Pacers, Colts, Indians, Indy Eleven, you can have a date night each season.
Wife of one and mother of two (twins). Raising a family in the midwest. Lover of Netflix, crime shows and summer. Founder of The Expecting Mamas Network.