The Indiana State Fair is here and we got to check out the what, when, who and where of it all and we loved it. Here are some things you probably interested in knowing when it comes to the Indiana State Fair.
The Indiana State Fair is from August 4 to August 20.
Sunday – Thursday: 8AM – 11PM
Friday: 8AM – 12 Midnight
Saturday: 8AM – 12:30AM
When is the Hot Air Ballon race? It takes place on August 4 at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand at the state fairgrounds.
Where is the fair? The Indiana State Fair is held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Type in the address 1202 E. 38th Street, Indianapolis in your gps or Google maps and be well on your way.
Where do you buy tickets? You can buy tickets on the Indiana State Fair website or at the the fairgrounds.
Where can I buy discounted tickets? Discount tickets of can be purchased in various ways depending on the day. Here are a list of special days at the Indiana State fair and the discounts offered for each day.
Where can I get a schedule of events? Check out the daily Event Indiana State Fair schedule.
How much are tickets? General Admission is $12 and children 5 and under are FREE. You can purchase tickets on the Indiana State Fair website or at the the fairgrounds.
How much is parking? You purchase parking for $5 on the Indiana State fair website or on the fairgrounds.
How long is the Indiana State fair? It ends August 20th.
What is the theme of the Indiana State Fair? The Wonderful World of Food. Each day the fair is focusing on a different food. 17 days equals 17 different foods.
What fair foods are there to try?
What free concerts are playing? Here is a list of free concerts this year and they are included in the general admission price.
What are some fun things to check out at the fair? Besides the food, rides and free concerts there are plenty of things to see and do at the fair. Did you know there were 250 free things to do at the fair? Check out the list here. The Subaru Skyride is new this year. See the Baird’s Exotic Animal Experience in the MetroPCS Family Fun Park. Take a ride on the go karts or have the little ones try their hand on farming at the Little Hands on the Farm.
Here are some other things to check out this year –
- Indiana State Fair Featured Farmers presented by Dow AgroSciences. Learn about local farmers who help provide local food.
- You can vote this year for the Taste of the Fair Champion. Various food vendors have a special food item you can vote on this year.
- Everyday at the fair has something special so much sure you grab and schedule when you enter to see what the Indiana State fair is offering that day.
- Free kids meal at the Dairy Bar with submission of colored page, and a chance to win a grand prize!
- Plan to ride all the rides? Grab the wristband online for $5 less than you pay at the fairgrounds.
Who can attend the fair? Well everyone of course! Need more reasons to take your family to the Indiana State Fair?
For more information contact the information line is (317) 927-7500.