I feel like there are kits and all these fancy ways to make and dye Easter eggs. Well, I am not that fancy. I like simple. Besides, my kids will be happy just simply have dyed Easter eggs no matter how fancy or simple it is. And let’s face it, the simpler the better when it comes to kids anyways. So, here is a simple and east way to have dyed Easter eggs.
Simple & Easy Dyed Easter Eggs
All the stuff you need are things you can find in your pantry:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Deep Bowl or deep cup for each color dye
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar for each cup/bowl
- Liquid food coloring (about 20 drops per color)
1. Start with hard-boiled eggs that are not hot. Preferably they should be cool or cold is fine.
2. Fill each cup or bowl with the mixture of water, 1 tablespoon vinegar each, and food coloring.
3. Place an egg in the mixture in the cup or bowl. Turn occasionally so both sides get color.
4. Keep in liquid for up to 5 minutes, leave in longer for a darker hue. For ombre color keep an egg on the spoon and submerge only half the egg in the mixture. Keep the egg on the spoon for each color remember to turn the side you want to dye.
5. Carefully remove the egg and set aside to dry.
That’s it. It’s that simple and easy. Happy Easter and have fun with your kids and dyed Easter eggs. Now to figure out what to make with the Easter eggs. What do you do with your dyed Easter eggs?
Looking for other recipes. Check out how we make the perfect pulled pork just in time for Spring.